Sunday, August 5, 2012

How To: "Gray-Wash" Furniture

Grey-Washed Chest

I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted, I recently with my mom "Gray-Washed" a chest for the guest room at my parents house. I followed a blog from kfddesigns to start with. I started by sanding the stain completely   off the dresser. I used Pantone My Color paint, Gardenia and Griffin, then I bought a white glaze from home depot. The mixing is the tricky part, it's kind of a see as you go. I ended up mixing equal parts glaze and both paints then adding water and paint as I went till I got the Consistency I wanted.

Once I got the paint right I tried a few techniques but the one I ended up using was taking a rag and dipping a little in the paint mixture and the rubbing it on the chest. I did this until the whole thing was done, I hope you like the results.
The Chest with the original stain
After being sanded
Finished Product









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. red leather reclining sofa

    ReplyDelete